Saturday, September 21, 2013

CREATIVITY - Where Can I Find Me Some

Creativity -

I read a lot of different things at once with little bits and pieces stick in my memory and for the most part mush together forming new ideas but lately one theme has stuck in my head CREATIVITY.

I typically think, "I wish I was more creative," and am in awe of those I deem as having creative talents.  Then I began reading Teach Like a Pirate by Dave Burgess and my thought process is changing.

"Creativity is rarely about natural brilliance or innate genius...creativity results from properly directed attention, laser-like focus, relentless effort, and hard work."    Dave Burgess - Teach Like a Pirate
 




Follow hashtag #tlap on twitter if you would like to see what other educators have to say about Teach Like a Pirate.

You can follow Dave Burgess directly on twitter @burgessdave or subscribe to Teach Like a Pirate Daily Newsleter.


Sir Ken Robbins' TED Talk on Collaboration and Creativity is another one of my personal favorite creativity pep talks.




I am making a pledge to remind myself and those around me that creativity can be nurtured or found within anyone and I will never again use the EXCUSE that I am just not creative.  I WILL WORK RELENTLESSLY to encourage creativity.  

What can or have you done recently to foster creativity within yourself or other?

2 comments:

  1. I remember hearing a an Art-Teaching student last year in one of my classes say that students in elementary school decide that they're either good or bad at art--and from there they commit to it. It seems like people who deem themselves as not creative or not artistic never get the chance to develop those skills because they give up too early!

    A place I go to seek creative ideas is Pinterest. I love it! Some pins are totally unattainable but if you sift through it enough, you can get some really creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma - you are so right Pintrest is a wonderful place to find inspiration for creative ideas I find myself lost in the site for hours pinning and pinning ideas.

    ReplyDelete