Sunday, November 10, 2013

Second Life - Confused and Unsure

Well another big step for me personally today.  I entered the Second Life world for my Emerging Instructional Technology class and to tell you the truth I was a little intimidated within the first couple of seconds.  When I entered Second Life initially I was placed on the waters edge and within seconds I had other avatars approaching my avatar to chat for me this was not a comfortable feeling.

I quickly managed to teleport myself to The Inspiring Orientation where I am learning to walk, jump, run and fly.  I feel much more comfortable since I moved to a place where can quietly learn to navigate.

I am finding it fairly easy to walk, run and fly however using the tools like the camera and manipulating things are not going so smoothly at this point.

After my initial exposure to Second Life I am not sure that I see it as somewhere I would choose to spend much time in the future.  Now back to exploring the program to see if my mind can be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment