Sunday, November 10, 2013

Second Life - Wandering without Purpose

During the next few weeks in my class on Emerging Instructional Technologies we will be exploring learning in virtual worlds.  This weeks assignments includes becoming familiar with the virtual reality site Second Life.

This time my quest in Second Life left me wandering aimlessly around looking for a purpose.  After I finished the tutorial in Lionheart Orientation Island I flew around the island for a while but without a clear mission I became board and lost focus rather quickly.  By the time I was done I was in Egon's workshop from Ghostbusters?????  Even more confused.

While the graphics are cool and possibilities endless without a purpose or a mission I have a hard time finding the necessary attention and focus to continue to wandering around for no particular reason.

I have several more assignments centered around virtual reality sights and am holding out hope that my view on virtual reality changes soon.


1 comment:

  1. This was me! I'm so glad I'm not the only only one who was wandering around lost. I can't even tell you how I got from one place to another.... but I found moving my avatar around to be very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete