Saturday, November 16, 2013

Come Tour with Me in Second Life

Historical Landmark & Interesting Sites Tour


I have spent the last two weeks getting familiar with the virtual reality sight Second Life for my UNI class Emerging Instructional Technology and along the way I have come across some interesting locations I would like to share with you.

Starting with the most important landmark of all North Pole Village & Santa's Workshop complete with and Elfementary School, ice skating penguins and of course the Reindeer Barn.

Here are some other interesting sites I found along my travels:

Paris 1900 - Famous sites from Paris in 1900, including the Moulin Rouge.



US Holocaust Museum - this eerie tour through the abandoned city and vandalized temples features narrations from actual holocaust survivors.

Virtual Morocco - Casablanca - souk, mosque, garden cafe and beach

Luxembourg City - this one is significant to me because I was lost in this city for 4 hours in the middle of the night once.

Venice Italy - go to the canal and take a ride on a gondola

Caledon - windswept forested country depicting 19th century Victorian country-estate lifestyle, steam-power era.

Kowloon - Chinese realism in the Kowloon district of Hong Kong

Wicked Workshop - Harry Potter Themed shops where you can shop for the latest and greatest brooms

The Chocolate Factory - from Willie Wonka in the courtyard you can ride around on stuffed animals.  Then crawl through portholes to visit the invention room, Charlie's House or various other locations
􀀁

Deadwood City Wild West Roleplay - you can stop and shop for authentic western wear before continuing on to the role-play area.



I hope you enjoy some of these locations, if you have any suggestions of places in SL that I should visit please share them with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment